Our Cotton Velvet is a master for upholstery, bedding, drapery, shams and pillows... Made of the Finest Cotton Velvet, it is sumptuous and delicious. We really believe it is the best in the world! Whatever is on your agenda, when it comes to tools of the trade, Nicolette Mayer is a designer's best resource.
- Type: Multi-purpose
For Drapery, Upholstery, Cushions, Bedding, Pillows
- Product Care: Dry clean only
Our fine velvets are designed to meet today’s high standards for beauty, luxury and performance.
- Our velvets are often specified for hospitality applications such as furniture in reception areas, high-end suites and guest rooms, and drapes, pillows and bedding. Ask us about Poly Velvet! We can customize the same quality in FR Contract Velvet.
- Fabric Content Details: 100% cotton
- Belgian Imported Flax Natural Eco Friendly Linen
- Printed in the USA
- Sustainability. We strive to find innovative solutions to recycle, and reduce water and energy consumption to help ensure a better world for generations to come.
Velvet is a soft pile fabric that has been manufactured for almost 4,000 years in one form or another. Velvet has long been considered a luxury fabric because it requires more yarn to manufacture than other fabrics, as well as multiple steps.
- Velvet is a woven fabric, its pile is formed from warp (lengthwise) yarns woven into the backing. It is woven on a double piece loom which creates two fabrics simultaneously. Velvet pile is sandwiched in-between the layers. As the cloth comes off the loom, the pile ‘sandwich’ is spilt to create two pieces of velvet – each with an erect pile.
- After cutting, velvet is often sheared to ensure it is all even.
- Velvet is usually brushed while moist so that the fabric sets with a grain, producing the characteristic feel that consumers prize.